Monday, September 29, 2008

Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

Only By The Night cover art

The Followills (brothers Nathan, Caleb, Jared, and cousin Matthew, respectively) return for their fourth full-length album. Hailing from Nashville, they were originally referred to as the "Southern Strokes" for their blending of Southern rock with indie and garage rock. But this album feels restrained and doesn't really kick out the jams; there's some cringe-inducing lyrics as well (example: "You've come to kill, gonna spend it high, your parents grieve, I know they are right"). Their last album, "Because of the Times," was one of my favorite albums of 2007 and I still play it a lot, so don't get me wrong, I really dig these guys a lot. So it makes me very sad to say that this album is a big disappointment to me.

www.myspace.com/kingsofleon
www.kingsofleon.com

No comments: