Saturday, January 24, 2009

U2 - Get On Your Boots (single)

What is this? It's crap U2, that's what it is. I don't like this. It's stuck between wanting to be uptempo like "Vertigo," chiming guitars at one point like Rattle and Hum era U2, and being like Achtung Baby-era songs with the guitar solo. The song feels like it was copy and pasted together in protools from a bunch of different songs, with no coherent nature to any of it. The lyrics are atrocious: "Get on your boots / sexy boots" and "You don't know how beautiful you are, you don't know how beautiful you are, you don't get it", are just two examples. I am not impressed at all, this is not the U2 I used to know and love. Also, I don't get the album cover. I understand that it has to do with the title, No Line On The Horizon, but it looks like a cover to a post-rock instrumental band's cd, not a U2 cd. We need U2 album covers with red, black, and white in them.

No comments: