Monday, July 5, 2010

TEEN INC. - Fountains / Friend Of The Night


From Los Angeles, Teen Inc. was formed by the sibling duo of Daniel and Andrew Aged. They were both studio musicians (apparently for big-name artists like Pharell and Raphael Saadiq) so we know right off the bat that they've got the playing chops, but can they write their own stuff? I decided to give this single a listen after hearing it being compared to Prince. I suppose the vocals do have a Prince-like feel, but they're buried so far in the mix that they don't have the same confidence attached to them that Prince puts on his. The music does have a funk appeal to it but I'm not impressed yet. I could see myself giving a Teen Inc. full-length album a spin to see what happens to them, but it's not going to be on the top of my list.

www.myspace.com/teenincstuff
www.teen-inc.net

No comments: