Thursday, November 18, 2010

DVAS - Society


I think their logo is really cool. They are a Canadian electro group. They're playing upbeat, danceable electro pop. Some tracks have vocals, others are entirely instrumental. It's not going to be the first thing I recommend to others, but it's okay. It's not the most memorable stuff. I imagine it sounds better live and better when played loud. "Questions" is a really cool jam. "Giving It All Away" inexplicably reminds me of Genesis' "Invisible Touch". Actually, the whole record has a definite 80s influence to it. I think I'd play this record at a party where people were encouraged to dance but dancing wasn't the focus of the evening's activities, if that makes any sense at all to people that are not me.

www.myspace.com/dvasmusique
dvasmusique.com

No comments: