Sunday, November 14, 2010

TRENT REZNOR AND ATTICUS ROSS - The Social Network


Score to David Fincher's The Social Network, perhaps the biggest movie of 2010. It has a sort of nervous/anxious feel to it, driven by the emotions in the movie. According to Mr. Reznor himself: "Musically, this all came out of our secret laboratory - electronic in basis, but mostly organic sounding. Lots of experiments and emphasis on sound fraying around the edges while focusing on the proper emotional tone for the various scenes." My favorite track is far and away "In the Hall of the Mountain King". For an electronic-based song, it totally rips. I like to listen to this album while I'm doing my computer science homework, so that I can visualize myself becoming a billionaire programmer like Mark Zuckerberg. It's just enough to have in the background to keep my mind from wandering yet still focused on the task at hand.

www.nullco.com/TSN

No comments: