Tuesday, November 9, 2010

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - 45:33


This came out in 2006. You've probably heard of it already. I'm reviewing it for personal reasons. This was put out to be a soundtrack for when you go for a run. I guess it was commissioned by Nike, at least that's what I've heard. It's basically just a bunch of LCD Soundsystem ideas that are knitted together into one very long track. "Someone Great" off of Sound of Silver is definitely reused in here, minus the vocals. There may be other LCD tracks that are recycled as well, but I'm not familiar with them as much as I would be with "Someone Great". I probably would not run to this. I don't really see the point. It doesn't really move me. I also find the vocoder voices annoying. If I want to listen to LCD Soundsystem, I'll listen to regular albums, not this thing.

www.myspace.com/lcdsoundsystem
www.lcdsoundsystem.com

No comments: